1) On March 20, 2012, a person was observed throwing something over the fence at Calhoun State Prison. A perimeter officer was called to scan the area. Five CERT members and a Lieutenant found a bundle of contraband which contained 8 lbs of tobacco, 1.2 ounces of marijuana, four (4) cell phones, and four (4) cell phone chargers. The suspect, Keithavious White, was apprehended. White informed officers that there were two other suspects who assisted him. At the time of his arrest, a cell phone was found on White.
2) On March 24, 2012, visitor Chandrea Denning had 4.4 ounces of tobacco and 16 packs of rolling papers concealed in her waistline as she entered Wilcox State Prison. Officers search Denning's car and found an ounce of marijuana. Franecia Young, sister of Denning, was in vehicle and was also arrested by Wilcox County Sheriff's Office.
3) On March 25, 2012, visitors Brittany Thompkins and Kenyetta Reaves were arrested by the Glennville Police Department after Smith State Prison officers noticed unusual behavior during visitation. Thompkins had 12 balloons filled with a total of 144 ecstasy pills . Officers of the Police Department searched the vehicle of Visitor Reaves and found five (5) bags of balloons, two (2) boxes of sandwich bags, one (1) bag of cotton balls , one (1) box containing marijuana residue and one (1) set of scales.
4) On March 24, 2012, Visitor Kalimba Robinson was arrested by the Calhoun County Sheriff's Department for bringing contraband across the guard line. Contraband included a box of ammunition, cigar and drug paraphernalia.
5) On March 24, 2012, Visitor Anthony Williams was stopped by the Canine Unit when entering into the Calhoun State Prison parking lot. Williams was instructed to step out of the vehicle and he was observed chewing a green leafy substance which appeared to be marijuana. Williams was placed under arrest by the Calhoun County Sheriff's Department for brining contraband over the guard line.
6) On March 25, 2012, visitor Ericka Harknees was arrested by the Wilcox County Sheriff's Office for attempting to bring 36 balloons filled with marijuana into Wilcox State Prison.
7) On March 25, 2012, visitor Elizabeth Perez was arrested by the Macon County Sheriff's Office for attempting to introduce 56.3 grams of marijuana and 15.2 grams of cocaine into Macon State Prison.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.