1) On Monday, January 9, 2012, Richmond Hadley was arrested by the Rome Police Department at the Rome Probation Office. Officers found 48 bags containing one ounce each of tobacco, a ï¿½ gallon bag of marijuana and wrapping paper in his vehicle. An inmate work detail from Hays State Prison in Trion had been working at the probation office.
2) On Monday, January 23, 2012, Paulette Brookin, Darrel Walker and Quinquishua Taylor were arrested near Telfair State Prison in Helena. Authorities found packages containing 18 grams of marijuana, 16 packs of smoking tobacco, 13 cell phones, 12 cell phone chargers, 12 cell phone batteries, super glue and bolt cutters. A warrant has been issued for a fourth suspect, Travaris Delbrae Willis.
3) On Saturday, January 28, 2012, Sandra Rymer was arrested by the Dodge County Sheriff's Department at Dodge State Prison in Chester. She was visiting an inmate when she was caught giving him tobacco, prescription drugs and marijuana.
4) On Saturday, January 28, 2012, Brittany July was arrested by the Wilcox Sheriff's Office at Wilcox State Prison in Abbeville. She was visiting an inmate when she was caught giving him marijuana.
5) On Saturday, January 28, 2012, Food Service worker Johnny Meritt was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office at Valdosta State Prison in Valdosta. Meritt admitted to bringing two large bags of tobacco into the facility.
6) On Sunday, January 29, 2012, Rhonda Redwine was arrested by the Tattnall County Sheriff's Office at Rogers State Prison in Reidsville. She was there to visit an inmate when she placed a package in a trash can before entering the prison. Officers searched the package and found five cell phones, five cell phone chargers and a marijuana. An additional trash can in the parking lot was searched and officers found 10 cell phones and tobacco. Investigators do not believe those items are connected to Redwine.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.