Contraband Arrests at GDC Facilities
1) On Friday, January 13, 2012, Janet Bowen was arrested for dropping off contraband at Rogers State Prison in Reidsville.
2) On Friday, January 13, 2012, Food Service Supervisor Janice Brooks was arrested by the Tattanall County Sheriff's Department at Smith State Prison in Glennville. Tobacco and 10 packs of rolling papers were found in her possession.
3) On Saturday, January 14, 2012, Latasha Bell, Fred Ward III and Zechary Brown were arrested by the Tattnall County Sheriff's Office after a traffic stop near Rogers State Prison in Reidsville. A search of the vehicle revealed 36 bags of tobacco and 36 packs of rolling paper.
4) Sunday, January 15, 2012, Officer Darrell Hobbs was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office at Burruss Correctional Training Center in Forsyth. Hobbs admitted to having marijuana in his possession for an inmate.
5) On Monday, Janary 16, 2012, Diana Davis, James Davis, Billy Swords and William Gilbert were arrested by the Tattnall County Sheriff's Office for dropping off contraband at Rogers State Prison in Reidsville. Officers found 60 packs of tobacco, two cell phones, two cell phone chargers and one can of smokeless tobacco on prison grounds.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.