**MORE THAN 594 CIVILIANS AND 112 STAFF MEMBERS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED TO DATE FOR ATTEMPTING TO INTRODUCE CONTRABAND INTO GDC FACILITIES.**
1) On May 6, 2013 at Rogers State Prison, an Officer on the Feed Mill detail noticed a blue four door vehicle leaving the hog barn area behind Georgia State Prison. The Officer followed the vehicle and notified a Lieutenant. The Lieutenant went to 2nd Ave West on the prison reservation where the vehicle was located. The driver was questioned and indicated that he was lost. The driver was identified as Michael Cudd. There were two passengers in the vehicle, one was identified as Tiffany Hersey and the other did not have identification; however referred to himself as Bladley Hackley. A search of the vehicle revealed two grams of methamphetamines, less than one ounce marijuana, five syringes , set of digital scales, three zanex pills, two pill crushers, and one marijuana grinder. All drugs and paraphernalia were confiscated by the Tattnall County Sherriffâ€™s Office. All three subjects were taken into custody.
2) On May 8, 2013 at Rogers State Prison, a Tattnall County Deputy advised that a traffic stop was conducted of a white Toyota Corolla. The Deputy questioned the driver, Kereene Grant, as to the reason she was on the prison reservation. Civilian Grant advised that she was dropping off tobacco for the prison for Correctional Officer Ola Williams. Civilian Grant and Correctional Officer Williams were taken into custody by the Tattnall County Sheriff's Office.
3) On May 9, 2013 located near Washington State Prison, Georgia State Patrol pulled over a car during a traffic stop. While searching the car, GSP found marijuana and cell phones that the suspects stated were to be dropped off at a Johnson State Prison detail site in Washington County. The suspects were identified as Tracy Ellison, Charlonda Walker and Bennie Walker, Jr. All three suspects are children of an inmate housed at Johnson State Prison. Upon search of the inmateâ€™s cell, a phone was found along with three Green Dot numbers. The three suspects were arrested and are at the Washington County Jail.
4) On May 11, 2013 at Calhoun State Prison, visitor Britteny Bryant was arrested by Calhoun County Sheriff's Office for bringing two bundles of tobacco to an inmate. Bryant attempted to pass the contraband to the inmate in a chip bag. A Lieutenant and Sergeant saw the transaction during visitation and took Bryant into custody.
5) On May 12, 2013 at Augusta State Medical Prison, a 16 year old attempted to throw contraband over the fence. The 16 year old was apprehended and the Augusta Richmond County Sheriff's Department was called. The Sheriffâ€™s Department recovered six large packages of tobacco, 18 cell phones, seven packs of rolling papers, one cigarette lighter, 18 phone chargers, two 2-liter bottles containing loose tobacco and a quarter pound of marijuana. The 16 year old was arrested and taken to the Augusta Youth Development Center.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.