Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved
Contraband Arrests at GDC Facilities
1) On September 16, 2012, Visitor Shanquette Toney was arrested for bringing drugs across the guardline at Calhoun State Prison. Less than 1 oz. was found in her person. She was arrested by the Calhoun County Sheriff Office.
2) On September 16, 2012 Civilians Christopher Overton and Jaquan Walls were arrested by the Reidsville Police Department near Rogers State Prison. During a traffic stop near the prison, a package of seven cell phones and charges were found with Methamphetamine. Upon questioning, Walls admitted to leaving tobacco near another DOC location. Investigators found 7.5 lbs. of tobacco and 19 packages of rolling papers at the described location.
3) On September 21, 2012, Civilian Tavarus Montez Carter was arrested by the Coffee County Sheriffï¿½s Department after he was seen throwing contraband over the fence at Coffee Correctional Facility. The contraband included 37 cell phones, four chargers and a large quantity of tobacco.
4) On September 23, 2012, Visitor Ashley Beard was arrested following visitation at Ware State Prison, where she admitted to giving the inmate she visited 1.5 oz. of tobacco. She was arrested by the Ware County Sheriffï¿½s Office.
5) On September 23, 2012, Visitor Patricia Ladler was arrested following visitation at Valdosta State Prison, where she was observed on video passing contraband to an inmate. The contraband consisted of six Xanax and two hydrocodone tablets. She was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriffï¿½s Office.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.