Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved
Contraband Arrests at GDC Facilities
1) On September 10, 2012, Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison Correctional Officer Doug Hall was arrested by a Butts County Sheriff after a search resulted in one pack of tobacco. Maintenance worker Russell Connally was arrested the same day by a Butts County Sher iff after a search revealed one pack of tobacco found on his person and 12 packages found in the state vehicle he was driving.
2) On September 14, 2012, Hancock State Prison Correctional Officer Tiara Lattimore was arrested by the Hancock County Sheriffï¿½s Office after a search of her person and vehicle revealed more than 13 oz. of marijuana.
3) On September 16, 2012, Civilians Isaiah Kilgore and Terrance Brown were arrested when the vehicle they were driving was used to drop off contraband near Smith State Prison. Civilian James Molley was apprehended in a cotton field near the facility. Five packages were found in the area consisting of: 45 cell phones, 21 charger, 2 pounds of tobacco, 3 cell phone batteries, and 19 rolling papers. All three were arrested by Glennville Police Department.
4) On September 16, 2012, visitor Tristian Worley was arrested while visiting Wilcox State Prison after a search revealed 37 balloons of meth, THC and pills. Visitor Tori Moody, who drove Worley, was also arrested when she confessed to having 100 balloons of THC on her person. Moodyï¿½s car was searched where a crack pipe, THC, and 2 oz. of meth were also found. Wilcox Sheriffï¿½s Office was called and both females were arrested.
5) On September 17, 2012, visitor Tiffany Brown was arrested while visiting Ware State Prison when K-9 alerted to her vehicle. She was found with one balloon of marijuana on her person. Natasha Osborne was also arrested and found with three small balloons of marijuana. Total weight of contraband was not weighed as Ware Sheriffï¿½s Office assisted in arrest and took possession of contraband.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.