Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved
Contraband Arrests at GDC Facilities
1) On August 15, 2012, Civilians Catherine McCallister and Dustin Gullevge were arrested by Central State Hospital police. Both civilians admitted to being present at an inmate construction detail at Bostick State Prison on both August 14th and 15th. Marijuana, tobacco, a marijuana grinder, crack pipe and a knife were confiscated from the vehicle driven by both McCallister and Gullevge.
2) On August 16, 2012, Correctional Officer Tony Tillman's vehicle was found unsecured in the Telfair State Prison parking lot with a small package wrapped in electrical tape in between the seats. The package contained 4.6 ounces of marijuana. The officer was arrested by the Helena Police Department.
3) On August 19, 2012, Civilians Shuntunettle Carter, Chantell Harmon, Anthony Jones and Rashawn Walker were arrested by the Ware County Sheriff's Department and Waycross Police Department. Civilians Carter, Harmon, Jones and Rashawn were caught trying to introduce contraband into Ware State Prison. Contraband consisted of six (6) cellphones and one (1) can of tobacco, weighing one (1) pound.
4) On August 3, 2012, staff a Georgia State Prison noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from Correctional Officer Claire Alston. Officer Alston refused to strip search and was taken into custody by the Tattnall County Sheriff's Department. At the jail, officers retrieved four (4) bundles of tobacco and approximately one (1) oz. of marijuana. Officer Alston was arrested for introducing contraband into the facility.
5) On August 4, 2012, visitor Shanielle Walker entered Telfair State Prison and smelled like marijuana. She ran into the ladies restroom and into a stall, locking the door behind her. After a few minutes she exited the restroom area and the restroom was immediately searched. No contraband was found. She consented to be searched but nothing was found. However, a search of her vehicle found a small bag of marijuana. Walker was then taken into custody by the Helena City Police.
6) On August 5, 2012 a strong odor of marijuana was detected on visitor Annette Wilson at Ware State Prison. She consented to be searched and nothing was found. K-9 alerted on her car, and it was searched. Nothing was found. However, she admitted to bringing three (3) balloons of marijuana to an inmate on Aug. 4. She was arrested by the Ware Sheriff's Office for admitting to conspiracy to introduce contraband into a facility.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.