Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved
Contraband Arrests at GDC Facilities
1) On April 19, 2012, Johnson State Prison Officer Bernard Erwin could not clear the metal detector. After being asked to lift up his pant leg, Officers found that he had on a black knee brace. Under the brace, Officers found two (2) large plastic bags filled with tobacco. Officer Erwin was arrested by the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.
2) On April 21, 2012, Civilian Kathy Dale Davis was arrested at Rogers State Prison for dropping 10 packs of Bugler tobacco in a trash can in front of the prison. A Rogers State Prison Perimeter Officer observed the drop. Davis then attempted to enter the prison for visitation and was arrested by the Tattnall Sheriff's Office.
3) On April 22, 2012, a Rogers State Prison Perimeter Officer observed two black males attempting to throw two (2) packages over the fence. The netting stopped the packages and the two were followed by Officers. The Tattnall Sheriff's Office was contacted and stopped the vehicle. Civilians Joseph Frazier and Jamie Farley were identified by the Rogers State Prison Perimeter Officer and were arrested. The packages contained 1.8 ounces of marijuana, 1.9 ounces of tobacco and 9 cell phones with chargers.
4) On April 23, 2012, Visitor Stacy Garner started acting suspicious during visitation at Hancock State Prison. Garner was asked to step outside the visiting area. Officers found a small amount of marijuana and cocaine wrapped in electrical tape in the pocket of her jacket. Garner was arrested by the Hancock Sheriff's Office.
5) On April 23, 2012, Ware State Prison Officer Eddie Clements entered a staff briefing area and dropped a pack of rolling papers. Officer Clements admitted to bringing in two (2) packs of tobacco for an inmate. Officer Clements car was searched and an additional (1) pack of tobacco was found wrapped in black tape. Officer Clements was arrested by the Ware County Sheriff's Office.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.