1) On Sunday, October 23, 2011, Sylvia Faircloth was arrested at Wilcox State Prison in Abbeville by the Wilcox County Sheriff's Office. She was at the facility to visit an inmate when tobacco was found in her possession.
2) On Monday, October 24, 2011, a warrant was issued for Officer Willie Meadows who works at Macon State Prison in Oglethorpe. Meadows was searched and tobacco and rolling paper were found in his possession.
3) On Tuesday, October 25, 2011, Erick Michael and Bobby McKenzie were arrested by the Glennville Police Department. Officers at Smith State Prison in Glennville found McKenzie on prison guards and Michael was apprehended by Glennville authorities. GDC officers found a backpack inside a drainage pipe where McKenzie was found containing eight cell phones, tobacco, marijuana, rolling paper and other items.
4) On Tuesday, October 25, 2011, Ladarrelle Dixon was arrested by the Ware County Sheriff's Department. An officer at Ware State Prison in Waycross spotted a vehicle parked at the facility and questioned Dixon. When he was told authorities were called, he left the facility and was later apprehended by Ware County authorities. A search of his vehicle produced 11 cell phones, 10 charger cords and tobacco. Dixon was recently released from federal prison and was serving federal probation.
5) On Friday, October 28, 2011, David Cutchins was arrested at Calhoun State Prison in Morgan by the Calhoun County Sheriff Department. Cutchins is a maintenance staff worker at the facility. An officer found a pack of tobacco in his possession, which violates a state law which prohibits tobacco products to enter inside or across the guard lines of a state facility. More tobacco was found taped to a cart Cutchins used inside the facility, along with a cell phone.
6) On Sunday, October 30, 2011, Tamirra Oliver was arrested at Burruss Correctional Training Center in Forsyth by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office. She was at the facility to visit an inmate when crack cocaine was found in her possession.
7) On Sunday, October 30, 2011, Hadley Richmond was arrested at Hays State Prison in Trion by the Chattooga County Sheriff's Department. Richmond was found behind a building and ran into the woods when approached by an officer. He is charged with criminal trespass.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.