Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved
Probation Boot Camp
Probation Boot Camp is located at Burruss Correctional Training Center in Forsyth, Ga. The facility can house approximately 100 male felons. Probationers may be sentenced directly to the boot camp by the courts or as a result of a revocation action.
Candidates for boot camp must:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 30 at the time of sentencing
- Have no previous period of incarceration in an adult penal institution
- Have no known contagious or communicable disease
- Have no known physical limitation that would exclude strenuous labor and physical activity
- Have no known mental disorder or retardation that would prevent participation in a program that requires intensive interaction and strenuous physical activity.
The camp is highly structured with a military regimen. Offenders work during the day in the facility or in the local community performing public service work. Risk reduction programming, particularly in the area of substance abuse, is provided in the evening hours.